Or as I affectionately refer to it, my “Get Sh*t Done” list.
Every Monday I create a new one. Sometimes I’m able to cross everything off by Sunday. Most times I’m not. But the best part is: I no longer forget altogether the things I’ve been meaning to do.
This week’s list:
GSD Week of April 11
- take car to get rust situation looked at
- Get car cleaned
- Put bike in bike locker back together and ride it home
- FSA for Chris
- IRA for Chris (lowers his Adjusted Gross Income, and therefore should lower his RPAYE liability)
- RPAYE (student loans) sign up for Chris
GSD 2016 (I keep my year long goals on my GSD to remind myself to stay focused)
- read through the whole bible (3-5 pages a night)
- Buy a home (Start looking in August)
GSD By age of 40 (same as above. keeping focused.)
- net worth $1,000,000
- Be out of rat race
- Establish a scholarship in Dara’s name for local school.
- Split time between US and a Spanish speaking country
- Study latin
Appointments (weekly appointments)
- Walk Lennon on Wednesday
- Vet appt for Gizmo on Thursday
- Hanging out with Wades on Thursday
- Flight Friday @ 9:15am
Purchase wants (To curb impulse spending, I create a list and if after a certain amount of time I still want the things on the list, I let myself have it. The time it remains on hold depends on the cost. The more expensive an item the longer I make myself wait)
- Kitchen scale
- Black belt (Everlane)
- Domino magazine subscription
- Bed frame
- Rolling personal item
- fit bit
I keep my GSD List on Google Docs so I can access it from anywhere: work, phone, or personal computer. I also update it as the week goes on, so while it will stay static in this post, can find the most up-to-date list here.
How do you stay organized? Are you organized?